Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Peace In The Storm?

John 14:1, “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”

At this very moment, as we battle the storms in our life, Jesus is making provision for us. He is providing the spiritual fortitude to bring us through the storms and also preparing our final destination to be with Him. We must place our hand in His and let Him lead us there.

There is no storm, no trial, no test or battle that He cannot navigate. In fact, He allows the storms to come to help us grow and mature as His disciples. He is teaching us to recognize the best path. He is teaching us that He is always with us and we are learning to recognize Him in our storm. God uses the storms to fashion His faith, His trust, and His assurance in us. Faith that His promises are sure, trust that it is His voice we hear, and assurance that no matter where the storms may carry us, He is always there. Matt. 28:20, “...and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world...”

Christ has promised to go with us, sustain us and deliver us. What we must do is walk with Him. We belong to Him and He says, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:” John 10:27. He has paid a great price for our deliverance and nothing can take us out of His hand if we will only trust and obey Him.

Psalm 31:19, “Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! 20 Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.”

My soul craves the peace of God's presence. In His stillness, I find peace and rest. He lifts me above this world's raging storm. He quiets the winds and calms the blustery waves. He commands “peace, be still” and my life returns. He is my Peace In The Storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment