Thursday, February 3, 2022

He (Jesus) Walks With Me!

1 John 3:1, “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.”

Today, as I meditate on the presence and influence of Jesus Christ in my daily life, the words of a song by Sarah McCracken come to mind. I am including a link here, https://youtube/1QEchFtxVi4. The title is “He Walks With Me,” and it goes like this:

Though now we have trials, we wait for salvation.

Though tested by fire, we suffer with joy.

By His great mercy, our hope has been born again.

Faithful as the morning, we are raised up with Christ.

And I cannot see Him, but oh how I love Him.

I cannot see Him, but I believe.

I know He walks with me. I believe that He walks with me.

We will face trials and testing in the days ahead! But, we have a companion who walks with us to provide for every need. Jesus will make a way through every difficult experience. 1 Cor. 10:13, “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” We will not face any trial or test that is not being experienced by other human beings. The testing is the same for all, just different faces with the determining factor for victory being the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ in one’s life.

The challenge we face is allowing Jesus Christ to fully control our lives. It is a struggle for us to relinquish our independence and allow Him to lead the way. However, He is immensely more qualified than we are to determine the correct path. He knows the way that we should go. Our heart cry should be to go where He is going. Therefore, we must submit to His leading to go along with Him. (continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment