Monday, January 31, 2022

Satan Will Oppose You! by Myra Boozer

“Opposition to lives which are yielded to Jesus Christ takes many forms, some dramatic, some subtle. Satan is a clever angel of light but sometimes he chooses supernatural ways to frighten us into inactivity. During a time at camp with the girls, I was singing outside of the cabin after lights-out. The song had the words: ‘Don't be afraid for whatever is coming, your heavenly Father takes care of you.’ Suddenly I heard horrible noises around me. It seemed as if among the trees some sort of beings were trying to make me stop. The noises grew and subsided, sending shivers through my body with their weird tones. While I sang, I pleaded with the Lord: ‘Cover me and protect me with Your blood, Lord Jesus...give me strength to go on singing and speak through me to reach all these girls.’ The noises remained and got louder and more ugly, but I didn't stop. I knew that I stood on the front line of battle but through Jesus, it was victory ground, not defeat or retreat. As soon as I finished the song, the noise stopped, just as abruptly as they began. I went to bed and thanked the Lord for His victory. The next morning I asked the girls if they had heard anything unusual the previous night. They answered that they had never heard me sing so beautifully. Nobody heard anything else.” This is taken from Corrie ten Boom's book IN MY FATHERS HOUSE.

My question is what is trying to stop you today? Don't let the troubles, trials, or tribulations of this life or anything that Satan would throw in your path stop you from singing the Praises of our Lord. Sing loud and with all your might! Don't give up, we are almost HOME.

Jesus said in this life we would have these troubles but to not be alarmed because He overcame and so will we through His power that works in us. As we get closer to the return of the Lord the noise will become louder and louder from the opposition. It is time to arise and stand in the face of the enemy. The world's tactics (or armor) will not fit the Christian. Just like Saul's armor did not fit David, the shepherd boy. It will take the leading, the direction, and the power of the Holy Spirit to defeat the enemy of our day just like it did in David's day.

We must remember these words as we go out to defeat our giants...”No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD,” Isaiah 54:17. NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER...I GO IN THE NAME OF THE LORD GOD JEHOVAH! 

No comments:

Post a Comment