Sunday, February 13, 2022

No Bucket Needed! by Myra Boozer

Early one morning, I vaguely remember hearing a scripture go over in my mind. I didn't get up and read it but this was the scripture that came to me, John 4:11. Then, I questioned was it John 4:11 or John 11:4? Over breakfast l shared with my husband about both of the scripture and that I really didn't know which scripture it was. He said, “wow, they are so connected.” I agreed and accepted them both as nuggets of gold not giving one more value than the other but thinking of them as going hand in hand.

I saw myself in the first scripture as the woman at the well. She said, “Sir, (speaking in the carnal) thou hast nothing to draw with and the well is deep.” In other words, how are you going to do this? This sounds impossible and this well is deeper, further, and harder to reach than what you are thinking. Lord, I don't see how you're going to do this.

This is where we are so many times in our thinking and in our praying! HOW IN THE WORLD WILL THIS COME TO BE? We are thinking in the flesh, not Spiritual minded, not thinking that He needs nothing...No help...No assistance...NO bucket to draw with because He IS THE LIVING WATER. He is ALL we need!

Then, the second scripture John 11:4 and back up to verse 3. The sisters said, “Lord behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.” When Jesus heard this he said, "THIS SICKNESS IS NOT UNTO DEATH, BUT FOR THE GLORY OF GOD, THAT THE SON OF GOD MIGHT BE GLORIFIED THEREBY."

It doesn’t matter where we are in our journey, sick, dying, or in Lazarus's case, dead! Jesus is the same! He is the LIFE! There is no problem too big, too difficult, too unreachable for Him. HE is the source of ALL we need. He doesn't have to use anything or anybody to perform what we need. Though he has and does use people to help us at different times, He doesn't have to! HE IS THE GREAT I AM...

Whatever you're going through today or whatever your heart is trying to conceive from the Lord, KNOW that his arm is not too short that He can't reach you and fix whatever is wrong in your life! Whether it is for you or someone you love...No Bucket Needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment