Friday, January 15, 2021

Enveloped By His Beauty! by Myra Boozer

Not much snow so far this year but six years ago this week the Lord allowed us to be enveloped by His beauty. Covered like a huge blanket, we were all warm and cozy on the inside looking out at the beautiful scenery, admiring the work of the Lord in our own backyard.

I don't seem to get tired or bored at looking out the window at God's amazing handiwork. I love this wonderful covering of the streets before the car tracks began to change the beauty, all smooth and untouched, just like a baby fresh from the Mother's womb.

Our street lights just don't compare to the light that the snow brings, once it covers all the darkness of the earth. Just like the peace that comes to the troubled minds and hearts of the weary soul, not a trace of the darkness left uncovered.

It makes me think of the scripture in Isaiah 1:18, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

I want to always be enveloped by the Peace that God brings. I want to be washed white as the driven snow. I want my life to help light up the world and make the hearts of children sing and the elderly rejoice. I want to touch the hearts of the lonely and give them family...to reach the youth and give them hope...to speak to the stranger and give them refuge...to be a wall that the weak can lean on...to be the fire that warms the cold...to be the food that fills the hungry. I want to be a tree that gives shade from the hot sun. I want to be someone that has purpose, that shows someone direction when they are lost. I want to be what God wants me to be, at any moment of any given day. Use me Lord as you wrap me in yourself! Enveloped By His Beauty!

Written 2/13/20 

No comments:

Post a Comment