Saturday, June 3, 2017

Reasons For Judgment!


When I began to study the Lambert prophecy, my heart became weighted down with the proclamation of coming judgment. I have come to understand that mortal flesh cannot change what is coming. The world is on a collision course with the unrestrained judgment of God. His judgment is the consequence of sin. “For the wages of sin is death...” Romans 6:23. We can only control our response to the warning. We can allow the declaration of coming judgment to affect us negatively and cause us to neglect the commission Christ has given to us. Or, we can rise above the negative connotation and allow the Holy Spirit to use us to declare His warning to a lost world and see the salvation and deliverance of eternal souls. The HOPE of this world is Jesus Christ. He wants to save all who will respond to His warning. We are called to sound the alarm!

Because of the heavy burden on my heart, I began seeking God for revelation concerning the warning of judgment. During a time of prayer, I opened my bible to John chapter 19 and began to read. The Lord spoke to me as I began to read v11, “...Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above:..”

Pilot's statement had been, v10“...I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee.” Jesus' reply was, you “...have no power...except it were given thee from above...” Pilot desperately wanted to release Jesus but that was not the plan of God. That power was given to Pilot for God's purposes which was the death of His Son, Jesus. As I meditated on these verses the Lord said, “You cannot change what is to come, only your response to it. You can be defeated by it (judgment) or RISE above it.” We can let the fear of judgment cause us to pull back and cower in a dark corner or we can declare freedom in the Gospel and see the restoration of broken lives.

I have asked myself repeatedly “Why judgment now?” There has to be a reason for such a consuming work of God! One conclusion is that the work of the Holy Spirit will reveal disobedience through His judgment of sin. Such revelation will lead to repentance and salvation for those who will walk in obedience to His Word. (The Message: A Critical Review Of End Time Events, p 32-33, available at Amazon.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment