Friday, June 9, 2017

Nefarious Spirits Have Consumed This World! (Conclusion)


The Prophet Amos warned Israel of the impending judgment because of disobedience and rebellion. Amos 5:18, “Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light. 19 As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him. 20 Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it? 21 I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies. 22 Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts. 23 Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols. 24 But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.” Amos attacked the social evil of the people. Outwardly they were prosperous but inwardly were idolatrous and corrupt. God said, there is nowhere to hide. If you escape a lion, a bear with get you. If you think you are safe in your house, a serpent will bite you. Observing the sacrificial process was not enough. God said, I will not accept you offerings. Only repentance could save the nation.

What are we to do? God will judge disobedience and rebellion in this generation just as He did in the days of Noah and Amos. I believe that God is releasing His judgment already on the sin of this world. Just as He made a way of escape for Noah and all who would hear God's message, He has made a way for all who will call upon the name of Jesus. What are we to do? Quite simply we, as a collective body, must fall upon our faces before the Lord God Almighty in contrition and repentance. Allow the Holy Spirit of God to open our hearts to our dismal failure as having surrendered to the arm of the flesh. It is time to confess that we have attempted to lead in our own strength and cry out to God for Divine intervention. II Chron. 7:14, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” God's promise to Solomon was, “...I have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice,” 2 Chronicles 7:12. If it doesn't rain...if the locusts devour your crops or pestilence comes...if you will pray, humble yourselves and turn from your wicked ways (rebellion), then I will hear you from heaven and will forgive and heal because I see you and hear your prayers. Yes, there is HOPE. He is JESUS! Call out to Him. He is patiently waiting on YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment