Monday, May 11, 2020

Jesus Is Leading The Way!

John 14:5, “Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

It is imperative in these last days that we know Jesus Christ through a personal relationship. He is the only resource that we can fully trust. The systems of our world will fail and are already beginning the process of collapse. It is paramount that we stay in intimate communion with Christ and seek His intervention in our lives. We must know God’s directions for THIS hour.

In John chapter 14, Jesus is preparing His disciples for His departure. In doing so, He gave them very specific instructions. In verse 1, He assured them that if they had put their trust in God they could trust Him(the Son of God). They could believe His promises just as their forefathers believed the promises of His Father(God). Jesus encouraged His disciples to understand that He was leaving but He was going to prepare a place for them. He also assured them that though He was going away He would return. John 14:3, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”

Christ’s promise is that He will always lead the way before us. He will never leave us! We may turn and walk away from Him but He will never forsake us. We may feel at times that we are all alone. You may feel that you can identify with the tribulations of Job! Job felt abandoned, friendless, and forgotten. Job 23:8, “Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: 9 On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:” In reality, God was there all along and through his faith Job was able to declare, “But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold,” Job 23:10. And again in Job 19:25, “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: 26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: 27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another...” 

There may be times that you feel like Job, abandoned, friendless, and forgotten but the reality is that Jesus goes before us leading the way to our eternal destination. Jesus declared, “I am the way...” Not a way but the Way! Put your trust in Him and know that He will always go before you making His way to your eternal home. Our faith in Him is a sure foundation in these last days because Jesus Is Leading The Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment