Monday, April 26, 2021

Mercy And Truth Meet Together! by Myra Boozer

Psalm 85:10, “Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.”

Mercy and Truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other" is one of my favorite scriptures. You know, Truth is so strong and forceful it stands tall but without mercy, it cannot make its way into the heart of man. They go hand in hand and that, my friend, is because of Jesus.

Righteousness (right living) is so hard for many of us. We try to do good and be acceptable in the eyes of God. We all come up short because our goodness is nothing. It is His power that dwells in us. That only comes because of Jesus and I say, "teach me your ways O Lord." Pick me up and put me back on that straight path. When He does, it isn't always pleasant, but usually after tears of repentance “Peace will come so sweetly and Kiss Righteousness.” Peace can't be bought with money or bartered in any way. It only comes when we yield everything over to the Prince of Peace and fully rely on Him.

He is so worthy of our praise! I love you Lord! I treasure your presence that comes down like a dove when my heart is overwhelmed. When those in need come knocking on our door for help, we know who to call on. You are our very present help in time of need and people know that You dwell in this house, our Spiritual house, and physical house. You are here with us. We acknowledge that it is by Your great power that we can help others. Lord, You can do what no other can do and your presence brings Mercy and Truth every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment