Thursday, June 6, 2019

The Circle Of Life!

Ecclesiastes 1:9, “The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.”

Many years ago I began a journey of eternal consequence. I made a conscious decision to follow Jesus Christ and be His disciple. This journey has taken me to many places and introduced me to many people, many different circumstances and many different results. I have followed Christ through a changing world and the evolution of man to where we stand at this point in time.

Many things continue to change as I endeavor to continue and even finish this journey. However, I am fully aware that there has always been one constant in the noise of all the changes. That constant has been the Lord Jesus Christ and His timeless and unobstructed love for me. His loving kindness endures forever!

As I have traveled this circle of life, I have seen the hand of Almighty God all around me. He has always been with me to provide the solution to my confusion, and to provide all the necessities that I have required to accomplish His mission in my life. However, He continues to call me back to my beginning, to that place of first encounter and His vision that He has set in my heart. It is the reality of that beginning that continues to provide the strength to continue His mission.

The words of an old song come to mind. The song was written by Andre Crouch but I remember an outstanding rendition given by The World Challenge Singers at the General Assembly of The Church of God of Prophecy in Cleveland Tennessee. The title of the song is, Through It All, and I offer it here for contemplation and reflection.

I’ve had many tears and sorrow
I’ve had questions for tomorrow
There were times I didn’t know right from wrong
But in every situation, God gave me blessed consolation
That my trials only come to make me strong


I’ve been a lot of places
I’ve seen a lot of faces
But there were times that I felt so all alone
But in my lonely hour, those precious lonely hours
Jesus let me know that I was His own


Through it all, through it all, I’ve learned to trust in Jesus, I’ve learned to trust in God
Through it all, through it all, I’ve learned to depend upon His Word


So I thank God for the mountains, and I thank Him for the valleys
and I thank Him for the storms He’s brought me through
For if I’d never had a problem, I’d never know God could solve them
I’d never know what faith in His Word could do. 


One day very soon, we will finish this Circle Of Life. And that which has been and that which is will be no more and the only thing new under the sun will be ETERNITY. We have only this life and it will soon be completed and only our discipleship in Jesus Christ will be important in ETERNITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment