Wednesday, May 29, 2019

One Thing Have I Desired Of The Lord! by Myra Boozer

David said in Psalm 27:4, "One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple."

What are we seeking today? What are we looking for? Matthew 7:7, “...seek, and ye shall find...” David wasn't talking about staying in the temple every day but he was talking about dwelling in His presence “all the days.” Psalm 27:5 says, “For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret of His tabernacle shall he hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock." We find Divine refuge in Psalm 31:20, and a hiding place...a place of safety, yes in the time of trouble. He goes on to Psalm 27:8, “When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.” So, many times we seek His hand, which is his provision, but He told David, “seek my face,”...His person...who He is. When we truly seek Him, we live in His house, His pavilion, His tabernacle, His presence. When we dwell there we are set upon a rock...a firm foundation. The very best thing we can seek is the face of the Lord. Oh! to know Him...to really know Him...to cherish him like we cherish nothing else. 

In a very personal way, when you love someone you want to share life with them. You don't just visit them on Sunday. They become part of your everyday life. The Lord doesn't want us out on the porch. He wants us to come on in and dwell (live) with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment