Friday, May 17, 2019

The Peace Of Jerusalem! by Myra Boozer

It seems that few other countries want that to be. However, God wants it and that is the way it will be. Children of God, take notice of the events transpiring in our world and the corresponding prophecies of God’s Word relating to the consummation of all things! Be ready, Jesus can come at any hour!

At the time of my original article, I had gone to my desk to pull a notebook to write my Christmas menu down and I found this written on the first page. Psalm 122:6, “Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee...” Added to that was this...Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem is really praying for Shalom or praying for the Messiah to come to earth. I knew I was to let this settle into my heart so I gave some time to it. I looked up the Psalm and read the chapter. Verse 7 says, "Peace be within thy walls and prosperity within thy palaces...” That is where true biblical peace is found...within!

The word Shalom also stood out to me. It is a Hebrew word and means much more than just Peace. Bill and I have often discussed the scripture, "Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem" and felt that it could have a double meaning. "Peace" is not only a lack of war but also for the Prince of Peace to come. For some time we have felt in our hearts that when we pray for the peace of Jerusalem we are really praying for Jesus to come and set up His kingdom.

"Today many are praying for the peace of Jerusalem due to the rising threat from Israel's enemies. However, this exhortation to pray is not so Israel can live without conflict. It is so that Jerusalem can fulfill its destiny as set by the only One who can bring complete RESTORATION to the city...It almost sounds like we are praying for the return of Israel's Messiah, the Prince of Peace, to establish His throne in Jerusalem...There are many other examples worthy of study regarding shalom. Peace is so much more than the world's one-sided definition. We must find our understanding of it through the Bible from the God of Israel. We will need it in the days ahead.” Doug Hersey 

Pray for The Peace Of Jerusalem!

No comments:

Post a Comment