Monday, September 12, 2022

The Lord Is My Salvation!

Psalm 18:2, “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”

Jesus Christ prepares the table before us in the presence of the enemy. We shall eat and drink from His table and prevail before our enemy. Jesus is our strength and our victory. He leads us beside the still waters and restores our souls. He is our source, our strength, our redeemer, and in Him we can trust today and every day as Christ Jesus, our Lord. Thank you God for the assurance that only you can give!

The Lord is our Salvation! He established His position in Gethsemane. He came to die but all flesh is appointed to death. But in Gethsemane, Jesus submitted to death. He chose to die as the Son of man to prove that He is the Son of God. The fleshly man would die but the Spirit man would live on.

That is what happens when we meet Jesus at the cross. We submit to death. We choose death to the fleshly man so the Spirit man can live on. But, we must go through our Gethsemane to get there. We must come to the end of ourselves and allow Christ to take charge of our lives. We are literally consenting to the death of the flesh so that we can experience life in the Spirit through Christ. Gal. 2:20, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Jesus is, “...my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.” The Lord Is Our Salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment