Sunday, September 25, 2022

I Need You Lord Jesus!

My Lord Jesus, show forth Your Mercy! When I survey my world, I am troubled and distracted by all the events and conditions surrounding me! I need You to help me to focus on Your will for today. I need You to guide my thoughts, my prayers, my speech, and my steps. It is only through You that I can press through the darkness which surrounds me, a darkness and evil so intrusive and pervasive that its goal is to take away Your very Life in me.

I struggle within this fleshly house, and I know that it is Your strength that will prevail. Rise up, Oh Holy Spirit, and exert Your ownership in me. Push back the darkness and evil that takes my very breath away. Breathe on me the eternal, sovereign, deliverance that only You can bring. Trouble may endure for a night but Your Joy will come in the morning. The darkness will be forced to retreat and dissipate as the Son of Righteousness arises with healing in His wings. Healing for the soul, mind, and body.

Oh, God! Take me there, where no sadness or sorrow can exist. Lift me up above the shadows of this world and set my feet upon the mountain top, high above the battle for my eternal soul. Release me from the chains of this mortal existence and cause me to walk in the everlasting life of Your Eternal Promise. I long to walk by the still waters and rest in Your Divine Presence.

Oh, how I desire to escape this intruder sent to buffet me. He comes upon me suddenly and abruptly. He is not welcome here and I will resist with every ounce of strength until You come. And You will come to release me from the bonds of this flesh.

Bring the rain of Your sweet Deliverance upon my thirsty soul. Fill my mind, my heart, and my soul with Your Word of Promise. Cause the aroma of Your Presence to envelope me. Push back the evil and darkness. Direct me to walk in the light of Your Path and surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life! All I Need Is You, Lord Jesus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment