Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Seeking God's Face!

Do I want God’s blessings or do I want Him? I make the conscious decision here and now that I want Him! More than anything, I want my life to be governed by Him, totally. Am I willing to pay the price? What price? You mean there is a price, an investment on my part?

To have God govern our lives totally, we must abandon any and everything that resembles the old life of the flesh. That means that my will is submitted in every sense to His will. That means He is living His life through me, not as a puppet but as a dedicated servant.

You mean I am to be a slave to God and that is the only way I am going to have Him? 1 Cor. 9:19, “For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.” The word translated here as “servant” in the Greek text means “to make a slave of, reduce to bondage.” Paul was saying that he had become a slave to Christ. He simply meant that his life was consumed with obeying Jesus’ leading.

When we were in sin, we were servants to sin. We were made slaves under the bondage of sin. Sin controlled all thoughts and actions. We have put away sin and no longer serve sin. Galatians 2:20, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Therefore, we are no more slaves to sin but servants of the Lord Jesus Christ. Seeking God’s Face!

No comments:

Post a Comment