Monday, June 7, 2021

Going Home!

(I wrote this back in 2018. I believe it is more true today!)

Today I went back to the old home place. It was wonderful to see all the familiar faces and share in the pleasant memories of yesterday. Those memories bring back the substance of my life, the foundation for my life that continues to provide the stability to weather the storms that cross my path. I thank God for the principles of my faith which were implanted in me in my childhood years and even now they are my sustaining strength.

The homeplace has changed, it’s just not the same. Too many have left us! Some are gone away by choice as they seek their way in life and the happiness they desperately desire. Others have gone away, but their bodies are still present. They struggle to remember names, places, and events that have passed. They have lost many of those precious memories. Still, others have left us because their time on earth is finished and they have gone to their heavenly home.

So, you see the old home place will never be what it once was. It will never be the same because life continues to change. Some of our loved ones have left and some are in the process of leaving. But, yet new faces are being added as we welcome the new lives God has granted us. He has sent the treasures of heaven to fulfill our lives as we also prepare to leave.

The process of time changes us and everything around us. Change is inevitable. Nothing stays the same. The measure of God’s grace in our lives is determined by how well we adapt to these changes. We can go kicking and screaming into our future. Or, we can move forward with the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ knowing that He has secured the good He has promised for us. Our role is to seek God’s will and guidance for ourselves and those whose lives we share. We are all in preparation for Going Home!

1 Corinthians 13:12, “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” We shall behold Him face to face in all of His glory. What a glorious reunion it will be when we all Get Home!

youtube.com/watch?v=MF99G95DN90 

No comments:

Post a Comment