Saturday, September 26, 2020

I Search For God! He Finds Me! by Myra Boozer

Lord, please clear the thoughts of all the things I think I must do today. Surround me with Your thoughts and Your desires. Fill in all the recesses of my heart and set my feet on the right path.

Troubles are all around and the sounds are coming in loud and clear that all is not well. The road of demands is calling for my attention to come to each of them and each seems desperate.

Slow me down to Your pace Lord. You are never in a hurry but always right on time. You are never slack when You make a promise. You always follow through. You have this whole universe in Your hands and nothing is out of Your control. Why can't I be more like You? You are relentless, never letting up. Help me Lord because You are greater than all my rush to unfold today and rearrange this clutter in my mind.

You seek me as I seek You! We will come together in perfect unity when I slow my pace so I can reach You. Thank You for Your never-ending patience with me. Thank You for always reaching and stretching Your infinite love towards me!

Today will be no ordinary day. Today I will reach for You to allow You to touch me. I will consider Your lofty thoughts. They are so much higher than mine. I will consider Your love that is ever reaching to the lost, the sad, and the broken. I will consider Your strong arms of mercy and grace as they pull in all who are drifting on the sea of ignorance and defeat. They are searching for peace, hope, and love.

So I must reason with myself daily and know that I am not alone in my search for You. When I can be still and shut out the world scurrying all around me, I find You and You find me! You find me along with the least of mankind or the highly favored in all the world. You are not off-limits to the needy and hungry refugee that is searching for You. Neither would you turn away the rich and famous if they would come to You.

I see ME slowly giving up the struggle and You accepting my humanity. Thank you, Jesus! I Search For God! He Finds Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment