Monday, September 21, 2020

God Is My Refuge! by Myra Boozer

"A lot of people have these little retreat places they go to when they need a break from the everyday hustle and bustle of life. Some just can't wait to go to the beach. Others will head to the mountains. Still, others will spend time in theme parks and other places of interest. But, me? I love to just find a quiet place with my Lord! It can be in the early morning when the sun is coming up, or the late hours of the night when everyone else is sleeping. I can go outside to the porch swing, or sit in my recliner. I can travel to the mountains or sit on the bank of a lake or river. When I need to get away, I go to my refuge...” by Pastor David L. Browder

Psalms 91:2, " I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."

"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." The things of this world can fade away like a fog that lifts off the valley. I believe that we find a new perspective about life, love, and our relationship with others, especially God. He fills our every longing and desire. We are no longer pushed or pressured into needing anything except Him and His presence. It is no longer about me and what I must attain or receive from this world. God becomes my focus! He brings my life to the fullest. My heart can sing in the midst of chaos, because I know He is more than enough for today and tomorrow...God Is My Refuge!

No comments:

Post a Comment