Monday, March 19, 2018

Preach The Word! Declare The Gospel!

2 Timothy 4:1, “I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.”

The commission of Christ is one that we must accept individually and collectively as the Church. So today, we have either embraced His call or settled for something less than complete surrender. Without total abandon for Christ, we introduce the arm of the flesh into a spiritual body. The result is the creation of a humanistic social order rather than the Body of Jesus Christ. Jesus will reach the world through a Spirit-filled, Spirit inspired and Spirit-empowered Church. Our success will be determined by how well we have followed His instructions. It is for this reason that I offer this prayer for all engaged in the Harvest of souls.

Lord Jesus, You have given me such an enormous responsibility, that which I accept willingly. However, I realize how much I am dependent on You. I feel the helplessness of this frail human soul. I ask You in all humility to cause me to rise to the task. I need Your intervention in every effort with every step I take. Open my heart to Your Holy Spirit! Help me to hear Your voice. Help me to be ever aware of where I am and where You want me to be. I need Your abiding presence every step of this journey. I can't go without Your direction, approval, and support. I don't want to be sounding brass and tinkling cymbal. I want to speak Your WORD. Your WORD will go forth with power and authority. Your WORD will convict hearts and change lives. Your WORD will prepare our hearts for eternity.

Father, I pray for the Church, the Body of Christ, all of us. Help us to hear what You are saying to the Church. Create within us a renewed desire to walk in intimacy with You. Bring us so close that the wind of Your Spirit cannot pass between us except we are aware of what You are doing in the Body. Father, we must have Your direction and instruction. 

Push back the darkness that clouds our minds and thoughts, and prevents us from walking fully in Your light. Burn away the fog of deception with the fire of Your Holy Spirit in our presence. Lead us forward into Your Divine plan for each of us and collectively as the Body of Christ. Shine Your Light upon our path that we can see clearly the way You have chosen for us. 

Help us each one to find our place and serve with renewed passion. Create that passion in us as we submit to the direction of the Holy Spirit. Empower us to share Your message in the anointing of Your Spirit. Break the chains that prevent us from seeing total victory. Create within us an insatiable hunger for renewal and spiritual awakening. 

Father God, send Your Holy Ghost fire among us. Baptize us afresh in Your Pentecostal power. Father breathe upon us once again. Breathe Your life into this breathless mortal body. Quicken us with Your Life-giving Spirit. Cause cloven tongues of fire to rest upon us yet once more. Stir the burning embers of our past experiences that they may break into a full blaze of present revival fire. Send Your fire Lord and prepare us to receive Him when He comes! I ask in the Name of Jesus! Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment