Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Light Or Darkness?

Matt. 24:9, “Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

Our goal as the Body of Christ is not to offend or be offensive. However, offense is a characteristic of the end times. It is the struggle between light and darkness. Jesus said in His Olivet discourse that it would be this way. Many are offended because of the holiness of God’s Word. Many are offended when God shines His light into their darkness. Many are offended because they want to be justified in their sin but sin and holiness can not inhabit the same space. The Holy Spirit will shine His light on our lives and reveal sin’s darkness in us. At that point, we must choose light over darkness or be forever lost.

My hope is that you will pray this prayer with me! “Lord Jesus Christ, I come to you today in my human weakness, aware that any good thing in me is what you have created. There is no substance, no state of mind or conscience that transcends the work of the Holy Spirit in me. I thereby yield myself to the work of Your Spirit. Take me, prepare me and use me. If there be any good thing in me, use it for your honor and glory. Jesus Christ be glorified in my life. I covenant with you to be what you desire me to be. I pray that my mind would be as the Mind of Christ, that my mouth would speak the Words of Christ, my hands would practice the Deeds of Christ and that my feet would take me into the Way of Christ. Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. May I ever walk in your Word. Lord Jesus, have mercy on me and my house. I am forever Yours. Be glorified in me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

If you prayed this prayer along with me, your failures are in your past. Repentance and submission are in your present. Triumph and victory are in your future! Praise be to the Lamb of God who was slain that by His blood I am washed clean!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment