Saturday, November 4, 2017

Thankful For Joy! by Myra Boozer

Thankful for JOY...the joy of the Lord is my strength. The more thankful I am for what I have the more joy comes into my life. It is the simple things in life that have been my treasures for many years. I am not ashamed of this because God gave me this contentment.

Seems like all my life, whether a hand me down dress when I was young or finding discarded items that the neighbors no longer needed, I gave thanks for those things. I used to think God had me at the right place at the right time to find what someone thought useless and threw away...with my name on it!

God gave me the ability to find great joy in what others would shake off their feet...sorta like my Father God. He made us from the dust of the ground and he finds great joy in us. He sings over us, we are His delight, His prize and He wants to spend eternity with us. I believe He is saying, “I found you when you were cast aside, thrown away by sin, discarded and useless to the world. But, you are my greatest find today. I will make something beautiful of your life.” He is amazing!

When we have the joy of the Lord, when we know we are His treasure, we find contentment in the things He provides. There is no more anxiety to experience the "must have " that many seek today. They are searching and never finding, unless they find the Joy of the Lord. It is this strength that will carry us day by day. Jesus has fulfilled my longings and given me a deep settled peace and joy beyond measure...I am Thankful for HIS JOY...

No comments:

Post a Comment