Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Righteousness Exalts A Nation! by Myra Boozer

America started out with a humble respect for God and country...to the point of saying "In God We Trust" on our money and "One Nation under God" in our pledge to the flag. We are a far cry from where we started out. Men have devised their own way and left God out.

I believe God wants all people everywhere to acknowledge Him and He will Bless those who do. He alone will judge the ways of man. He will discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serves God and him that does not! Psalm 9:17, "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and ALL the nations that forget God." Psalm 33:12, "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people chosen for his own inheritance.” Proverbs 14:34, "Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.” Every believer has a challenge before them to rise in the face of our enemy and say, “we proclaim the Truth of God’s Holy Word as revealed to us by His Holy Spirit.”

Are we a Christian Nation? Do we want to be a Christian Nation? The statement has been made that we are a "post-Christian Nation." Does that bother you? What can we do about it?

There is actually only one thing I can do and that is "Be Christian," be who I am and do everything in my power and ability to live out Christian values as the Holy Spirit convicts me. I can not change the world! I can only change myself and my choices. I refuse to stoop to the level that the world is following. It may seem insane or ridiculous to you but it is my responsibility as a child of God to stand my ground and give my life for what I believe to be truth. Whether you agree or not, my decisions are not based on your feelings but upon the truth revealed by the Holy Spirit that lives in my heart. I must stand by God’s Word or why would I claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ.

I think we are really no longer a Christian nation because many who call themselves “Christian” have decided to “make the rules” instead of "God Rule." When we don’t follow the dictates of our heart with God being our rule then we have no rule. We only do what is best or most appealing to us and our own desires. This leaves God out of the picture altogether...even if we call ourselves Christian, we are not! (continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment