Saturday, August 6, 2022

He Restores My Soul!

Psalm 23:1, “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”

God is enough for any person that will put their full trust in Him. The writer of this passage knew that very well. Speaking from the perspective of one who spent his young life with sheep, David knew the attributes of a good shepherd and made the comparison to his relationship with God.

David had learned that God would provide all that he needed in life. But more than that he knew that God would lead him in the direction that best pleased Him for His honor and His glory. He also knew that God would be with him every step of the way though he had to travel through the enemy’s camp. God’s anointing would be sufficient for all his days and in the end, he would dwell in the presence of God forever.

Jesus Christ is enough for us today if we will put our full trust in Him. He will provide all that we will ever need in this life. He will do that for His name's sake! We carry His Name as followers of Christ. It is His reputation that He will defend and protect. In the presence of our enemies, He will raise up His Standard. We will walk in His anointing all our days and in the end, rest in His presence forever.

How can anyone pass up this glorious opportunity? How can we neglect such an awesome invitation? He Restores My Soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment