Friday, August 12, 2022

Disturbed! by Myra Boozer

DISTURBED by a dream last night...This is the dream in part...A young man went up to the Pastor for prayer. He was desperate, crying, and needed the Pastor to pray with him. I was standing near in the choir and I felt such compassion. As I got close I heard the Pastor say, as he agreed with the young man about his need, that what he (Pastor) needed was for him to bring his equipment over and build a playground for the children there on the church property. He actually took the young man down the aisle. I saw the front doors open wide and the sunlight coming into the church as he was showing him where to begin on the church property. I got back in place in the choir and we sang from the depths of our hearts. I saw a lady and her baby, both with light blue hair which represents this present culture. She looked at me with that “I made it look.” Another lady in the choir turned and gave me a hug, maybe because I had influenced the young mother to come to church. All seemed to be worshiping and enjoying the presence of the Lord.

What????? This is not the way it is supposed to be. Does the Church make people believe that works are the way to heaven? There may be too much emphasis on "What can YOU Do for the Church instead of What can the CHURCH do for you." Matt. 28:19, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

I am feeling broken by the lack of teaching "true repentance" coming from many churches today. Yes, I agree people need to get "involved " in what is going on in the church. But that is not what comes first. People are hurting, struggling, and dying from the sin that has almost destroyed their lives and the lives of their families. To add "WORKS" on top of all the pressure and stress to a life hanging by a thread is spiritual murder. God help us to get it right!

True repentance is a state of brokenness, a time of realizing that without God there is NO help from anywhere. It is a time of actually seeing or realizing one's sin and being sorry and remorseful of one's actions and deeds. A time of emptying all the regrets with a sorrowful attitude. This is exactly what the young man was experiencing in my dream. BUT, he was led away from that feeling into one of “leave this place of repentance and see what you can do for the church.”

I Peter 4:17 "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" I believe that judgment will be as it says in Revelation chapters 1-3 that unless the churches repent Jesus said "I will come and remove the candlestick out of his place, except thou repent," Rev. 2:5. He is talking to the Church of God. I believe many are going on with services today and the Lord may have removed the candlestick. Judgment has begun. I pray it isn't too late for repentance. Seek God for a Divine Encounter today. Otherwise, it is only an expression of religious habit…

(written in 2017) 

No comments:

Post a Comment