Friday, July 30, 2021

There Is Nothing Hidden That Shall Not Be Manifest! by Myra Boozer

As I opened my Bible, I read in my own handwriting a scripture from the book of Luke. This was written on the last page of the Old Testament with several other comments. In my Bible, the last chapter is at the top and with only 6 verses there is plenty of room for my notes. I read what I had written! Luke 8:17, “For nothing is secret that shall not be made manifest: neither any thing hid that shall not be known and come abroad.” Okay, that is good in my thinking. I turned to read more from the New Testament and my eyes fell on scripture that had a star by it. So, I began to read, "For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest: neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." Wow, did God actually want me to read this again? I believe He did! This is from the parable of the sower. The 18th verse says, "Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.”

So I ran reference on Luke 8:17. It led me to Matthew 10:26, "Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid that shall not be known." That verse takes me to Luke 12:4, "And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5) But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.”

There is a lot of fear being created and spread by the media and evildoers, trouble on every side. We can see it getting closer and closer to home and we may feel anxious today, not knowing what tomorrow may hold for us and our families we hold so dear. But the Word is telling us to not fear these things but to fear God. If we belong to Him, if we have laid down our plans and are listening to His voice, being obedient to follow His command, we are safe in His shelter from this wicked world. Even if they kill us they cannot take our soul which belongs to God. That my friend is what gives me peace today. I belong to God! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment