Friday, May 28, 2021

Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of God! by Myra Boozer

Matt. 6:33, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

If you have been listening to the prosperity preaching, you may feel disappointed because your thousand dollar check didn't come in the mail last week. I am not looking for pie to fall from the sky for my family when it comes to our personal needs and wants. But I am expecting to receive just the right amount at the right time. God has promised us that He would never leave us nor forsake us. That, my friend, is what it is all about.

I'm reminded of an old song, “I never promised you a Rose Garden.” Too many people are looking for the Abundant Life to bring them much pleasure and prosperity. That is not the Abundant Life the Word tells us about. These things can become a ball and chain to distract, divert, and confuse you about Your Divine Purpose that God has for you alone. That is His main concern for us, “OUR PURPOSE IN HIM.”

But Myra, are you saying to desire NOTHING? NO, I am saying SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS AND THESE THINGS WILL BE ADDED UNTO YOU. Do you mean I can start looking for my "thousand dollar" check in the mail? No, but you can start looking for ALL your needs to be met according to His riches in Glory.

When everything looks barren and dead, God has prepared just what you need to sustain you and take you to your final destination, HIS HOME IN HEAVEN. Heaven will be more than we could ever dream or imagine, but that is not the reason I want to go there. I want to forever be in the presence of the Lord! There is where our soul will find rest. (see Psalm 23) Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment