Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Breath Of Heaven Breathe On Us!

It was a hot summer morning in mid-August in the South. You could say that it was a typical day for the season, with high humidity with little to no wind. I went about my business without really giving attention to these details but that was about to change.

I stood in quiet solitude and listened to the tree leaves as they began to respond to a slight breeze. It was as though they were individual instruments in a grand symphony, the pitch and tempo rising and falling but in perfect harmony, each separate but still in sync.

The wind was slight at first, barely noticeable except for the song the leaves sang. I began to feel the cool wind as it caressed my face and hair. The sensation grew in intensity! The wind blew stronger and then subsided. It came in pulsating bursts, strong enough to take the hat from my head and then at rest.

I observed and felt this scenario repeated for several moments. And then, a voice spoke into my spirit, “a rushing mighty wind.” Yes Lord, I know it is You and I hear what You are saying! Our Lord, Jesus Christ wants to reveal Himself through the Holy Ghost to change our world. His desire is to fill you and me with the Holy Ghost, endue with power (His Power) from on high, and turn our world upside down. He wants the world to acknowledge His presence in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment