Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Where Are You? by Myra Boozer

Many times during the day when our little grandson is here, we hear the words, “where are you, Papa?” Or, “where are you, Nana?” This is an important question to a three-year-old. When this question is asked, we don't hesitate. We respond quickly!

I want to ask you that question today. Where are you? You may say I am at home, or I am on the job. Maybe you are in school or in the Military. You could even be on vacation, seeing the many beautiful sights in our world. This is what we think of when the question is asked. We respond as to where we are physically.

In Genesis 3, God asked Adam that question, "And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?" This is the response that Adam gave, "And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?" The answer Adam gives has stuck with us down thru the ages. "And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, SHE gave me of the tree, and I did eat." It is the transfer of accountability to someone other than ourselves. We have a very hard time accepting responsibility for our actions. So, we blame someone else for where we actually are in our lives.

I truly understand about disappointment, heartbreak, broken homes, verbal abuse, lack of security and unworthy condemnation. But with all of that, we are still responsible for our reaction to life and all it brings. We alone are responsible for the choice we make. Adam could have answered, “NO” to Eve. He could have reminded her of the command that God gave them about not eating of that one tree. Only one tree was forbidden. Of course in the next verse, God asked Eve, "What is this thou has done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I DID eat."

I do not read any more of God communing with Adam and Eve in the cool of the day. However, I did read where "...God sent them forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken, So he drove out the man;" Genesis chapter 3. There are definitely consequences to all our decisions!

My question is Where Are You? Are you living in the garden with constant communion and fellowship with the LORD your God? Or, do you feel you're across the tracks just struggling on your own? Are you in a place of no hope, no relief from the push and shove of this sinful world. Are you always feeling blame or giving blame to someone you love because of the pressure that is increasing in your life? Are you living a life of defeat in the midst of constant confusion as to the choices your making? Do you stumble at the simple things in life because you don't know the direction to take? Are you feeling helpless and hopeless with every decision you need to make for your very survival? Where Are You?

Some may feel they are making it just fine. Jesus said in Revelation 3:17, "Because thou sayest, I am rich and increased with goods and need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked" The good news is found in the fact that SOMEONE has the answer. Someone knows just where you are and He can rescue you. He can pull you out of the darkness, the confusion, the helpless situation. You don't have to remain where you are. The choice is yours and yours alone. 

No one can make you look up! Or reach up! Or call out to God but YOU! When the loud wailing sound of disaster strikes, even those who have pushed God aside, those who have tried to hide their "nakedness" from him, will cry out, "Come and save me, Jesus!" He knows just where you are and will come immediately. He will cover your nakedness with His robe of righteousness. Where Are You?

No comments:

Post a Comment