Saturday, December 30, 2017

God Knows The Way I Should Take!

Job 23:10, “But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. 11 My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. 12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.”

Today we stand at the threshold of a New Year and possibly the conclusion of God’s plan for the Body of Christ. As I observe the behavior of the world around me, I must conclude there seems to be a mad dash of lost humanity into their eternal destiny without regard for the preservation of their eternal souls. The weight is heavy upon the Church of Jesus Christ to sound the alarm and awake the lost to the call of God.

The path before us is unknown, but the way ahead is not uncharted territory. Although we have never been this way before, we can proceed with full assurance that God knows where we are going. Joshua 3:4, “Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about two thousand cubits by measure: come not near unto it, that ye may know the way by which ye must go: for ye have not passed this way heretofore.” In this passage, Joshua is preparing to lead the children of Israel across Jordan and into the land of Canaan. He is instructing the people how they are to proceed. They were to be spread around the Ark of the Covenant at a distance of 3000 ft. At that distance, the vast number of the people could see the Ark and be guided by it.

God knows where we are going! If we have covenanted to walk with Him, we are going where He is going. God has gone before us and created our map in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Way! John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” If we follow Him, He will lead us in His path. He knows the way we should take!

There is no need to flounder in a climate of indecision when the answer is with us. In fact, as a born again child of God, Jesus lives within us. So quite literally, the Way lives within us and will make Himself know to us if we are listening.

Let us not be deterred by the uncertainties that lie before us but concern ourselves with being sensitive to the Spirit of God who lives within this tabernacle of flesh. We don’t know the specifics of our future but we can be sure that if our faith is in the saving grace of the cross, we will finish well. God Knows The Way I Should Take!

No comments:

Post a Comment