Wash me clean, Lord, and help me to see my motives in all I say and do. May my thoughts and actions come from you, not from any legalism or idea I may have picked up along the way. Sometimes our idea of how to get your attention may not be what you want to hear. It is not necessarily the one that sings the best or has the best testimony of deliverance. Those things can make us feel good but distract us from what you're really looking for in us.
Men watch us and judge us by what they see and hear. But You, Lord, You judge our motives. It is not always our accomplishments that get your attention, but our weakness, our deficiencies. It is in that time of facing defeat that we cry out for your mercy, and standing all alone, we become very real with YOU. We need you to be very firm with us because our days are running out. We are coming to the DAY when we will stand before you, the Righteous Judge, and hear you call our Name. Our deeds will be judged righteous or wicked. I want to be clean and acceptable in your eyes, Lord. We cannot hide under a cloak of pretense. It will not matter what we or anyone thinks of us, but what you know about us. I want to be real with you, Lord...never fake or phony...but genuine and pure...Amen. Lord Jesus, Be Real In Me!
No comments:
Post a Comment