Thursday, November 16, 2023

An Everlasting Kingdom! by Myra Boozer

God is so good! I want to tell you what happened this morning. As I was sitting in my bedroom doing some Bible study, I heard a bird hit my pineapple plant and patio door. I got up and opened the blind to see what was going on. No bird, but lying on the cushioned glider was my camera. Wow, it had been a couple of days since I remember having my camera out back.  Well, all I could think of was that God sent a little bird to my window to alert me of my camera. It wasn't long after that we got a short but hard rain.

As I continued to read and study, one of my scriptures reminded me of how great God is, even in small things. Daniel 4:2, “I thought it good to shew the signs and wonders that the high God hath wrought toward me. 3 How great are his signs! and how mighty are his wonders! his kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and his dominion is from generation to generation.”

I am so thankful for the God I serve, and of whose kingdom I am a part. His Kingdom is an everlasting Kingdom! God is still receiving new citizens through His Son Jesus Christ and his death on the cross. However, you must resign from all other loyalties and commit to His rule and His authority. That sounds hard for those who love to be in control. But, once you have given yourself to Him and received His Lordship your soul will rejoice and you will be confident in your decision. You will have no desire to leave the Father and His great provision. He is such a great great Father full of mercy so I thank Him for all He does for me, including the small things. (written July 4, 2016) 

No comments:

Post a Comment