Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Jesus Is Always Near! by Myra Boozer

“When I walk by the wayside, He is along with me...Amid all my forgetfulness of Him, He never forgets me.” Thomas Chalmers

Oh the days that I look for Him, the days I think, where are you Lord? I cry out to him, please come and fill my longings and let me know you are here. I wish I could remember that He is always near and never leaves me, but trouble over takes me and my heart begins to break. Just for a moment my forgetfulness rises up and I too despair as Peter did over the stormy weather. Peter was walking on the water to Jesus! Wow, but the winds were overwhelming to his mind. He must have actually forgotten the miracle that was happening right under his feet.

Matthew 14:28-31, "And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come and when Peter was come down out of the ship he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. BUT when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying Lord, save me."

How many times is God making a way when there seems to be no way? But one puff of wind from the evil one blows us right off track. We must be like Peter and CRY out in our desperation, "LORD save me." We must never forget that He is ever near when the enemy starts howling and putting up a fight. We must have our mind centered on Jesus and remember that he never changes. Jesus Is Always Near! "For he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5 

No comments:

Post a Comment