Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Then Face to Face!

1 Cor. 13:12, “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”

Often as I look into the faces of my grandchildren, God’s gifts straight from heaven, I see in them the reflection of the face of God. Many times I have met them just outside my front door as they came running up my walkway. Their faces were all aglow with joy, so happy to come to our house. With sweet smiles on their faces and arms spread wide, they run into the arms of their anxiously awaiting grandfather. Such an exchange of love and embrace is hard to describe in ordinary words. I am overwhelmed with thanksgiving that God has created such a wonder.

The relationships that we have here are but a prelude to what lies ahead for the children of God. 1 Cor. 13:12, “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” As great as our revelation of God may be, our experience with God is veiled to some degree. Similar to Moses’ inability to experience the full impact of the majesty of God due to earthly constraints, there is a limit to our ability to fully entertain God. However, there is a time coming soon and we shall see Him as He is. 1 John 3:2, “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.” Now we see in part and know in part but at His appearing, we shall behold and share in the unveiled glory of the risen Christ.

I envision in my mind the images of making our final journey to our heavenly home. When we arrive at our destination I wonder how it will be. Will the experience be similar to that of my grandchildren? With our faces glowing with the redeeming grace of Jesus Christ, with smiles of redemption and arms spread wide, will we rush into the arms of our anxiously awaiting heavenly Father? 1 Cor. 2:9, “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” We Can Only Imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment