Monday, September 7, 2015

God Save America!


This morning as I gaze out my window, I am reminded of how good and how great God is. The earth and all its beauty was created by Him. He spoke the words and all things were created. The glory of it all is incomprehensible except by the Spirit of God. He must open our eyes to the totality of all that God has placed in our world. Help us Lord to search and find. Help us to see all your beauty and glory. My mind, my heart, my spirit stands in awe of the wonder of His creation.

In contrast, the picture of this world is catastrophic. What man has done to the glory of God's creative masterpiece is a shame and disgrace. How can I sincerely ask God to bless this mess. I simply pray, God show us your love, show us your grace, show us your mercy. Just as the wind bends the mighty oak tree and its leaves and branches yield completely to the strength of the wind, may the Holy Spirit of God cause the world, the nations to bow in convicted repentance. God move us by your Holy Spirit to yield to your will and your way.

Today I am thinking especially of this nation, the United States of America. Since it's foundation, this nation has been blessed of God. He has nurtured and parented our precious democracy from its infancy. I am convinced that He has done so because of the principle of the freedom to worship and follow God. In the the beginning we were united as a nation under the principles of God's law with the freedom to serve Him according to the dictates of one's own heart.

That America does not exist anymore. It is only a memory passing swiftly into history. Rather than embracing the influence of God and the Bible in our governance, He has been banned. Any reference to God in the affairs of the nation is frowned upon if not expressly forbidden. I believe that God has taken the hint. I think He has gotten the message that He is not wanted in America. So, He has left us to our own devices, creating our problems and finding our solutions. Therefore, as with all governance void of the influence of God, we are headed for a tragic end.

My prayer today is that the Holy Spirit would blow upon this nation and as the wind moves the mighty oak, that American's as one collective body would bow low in convicted repentance. I ask God to break the obstinate rebellion that has seized the mind, heart and soul of so many. Bring America to her knees once again for it is there that we will find our true purpose in God's plan. God SAVE America.

No comments:

Post a Comment