Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Our Great Commission!

Acts 1:8, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”

The responsibility of the Body of Christ to spread the Gospel is critical today and is increasing in its importance every day that passes. The weight upon our hearts to fulfill this ministry is beyond our human ability to bear. Jesus Christ who has given this task must also empower us to complete our mission. Our success will be determined by how well we have followed His leading. It is for that reason that I offer this prayer for all engaged in this “Great Commission.”

Lord Jesus, You have given me such an enormous responsibility and I accept it willingly. However, I realize how much I am dependent upon you. I feel the helplessness of this frail human soul so I ask you in all humility to make me rise to the task. I need your intervention in every effort with every step I take. Open my heart to the Holy Spirit and help me to hear your voice. I don't want to miss your cue. Help me to be ever aware of where I am and where you are. I need your abiding presence every step of this journey. I can't go without your approval and support. I don't want to be a sounding brass and a tinkling cymbal. I want to speak your WORD. Your WORD will go forth with power and authority. Your WORD will convict hearts and change lives. Your WORD will prepare our hearts for eternity.

Father, I pray for the Church, Your Church. Help us to cast off the works of this human flesh. Help us to return to the days of old where we walked in the power of the Holy Ghost. Renew in us an intense desire to experience a fresh wind of the Spirit. Burn away the sin and selfishness that we embrace so easily. Help us to see ourselves as you see us. Help us to be void of our own agenda and to know and perform your will daily in our lives. Help us to see vividly that your cause is most important and our goals are secondary subject to what you desire. Purge us and wash us clean of all our human ambitions and replace them with your high and lofty goals. Fill us up with your person that there is no room for ME. Father, we offer this prayer in the name of your precious Son, Jesus. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment