Thursday, February 15, 2018

Call Unto The Lord!

Psalm 3:3, “But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. 4 I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. 5 I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.”

We need to be ready to leave where God is not and go to where God is! It is always important to know where we are and where God is. Where are we in relation to where God desires us to be? I personally feel the need to press in and press through the opposition of the enemy into the good that God has for me and all that I may influence. I must Call Unto The Lord!

Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” God has “good” planned for those who will answer His call and follow Him in faith. He has a promised (secured) end or divine heritage. We need not question our finish if only we will heed the voice of God. He knows where He is going. He goes before us and leads the way. John 10:4, “And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.” We must determine if we are going follow Christ whatever the cost! We must Call Unto The Lord!

Jeremiah 29:12, “Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.” Oh, to Call Unto The Lord our God, to seek His face and hear and see His answers! He promises to hear and respond (hearken). Our challenge is to clearly perceive His response. The Spirit of God is pushing back against the darkness that permeates this sinful world. God is calling His warriors to come along side Him, join in the battle and share His victory. He is calling us to our knees to intercede for a lost and dying world. Will you Call Unto The Lord?

Jeremiah 29:13, “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” God is always available, “...ye shall seek me, and find me...” He is always with us. But we must have the sense of His presence to recognize His voice and to understand what he is doing or planning to do. God's promise is that we will find Him when we search for Him with all our heart. The human condition requires the intervention of our creator. We always stand in need of God's assistance. The question is, “Do we really want his help?” Are we willing to relinquish complete control of our lives to Him? He knows the way we take (the path we should follow) and will direct our steps accordingly.

God has a plan for us, plan for good and not evil. He has an expected (secured) finish for His faithful, obedient children. Lord, help us to search for you with all our heart. Help us to walk in your manifest presence and to seek you with all our heart! Amen. He compassionately entreats, pleads for us to Call Unto The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment