Friday, September 8, 2017

What Has God Revealed To You? by Myra Boozer

Today I will continue with, " What has God revealed to you and what are you doing with what you know about Him?"

I will start with the fact that my life has not always been one of "ultimate joy and peace." As a child I was afraid, afraid of people, afraid of the dark...just afraid. I lacked security. I am sure many people can identify with me. As I became an adult and stronger in the Lord, I was less fearful. But still some things could cause my heart to race and my blood pressure to rise. While we were serving as pastors in Mobile, being away from family, friends and familiar surroundings, I found myself more fearful and afraid than I had been in years. We prayed and we were determined with all that we could muster to stay and do what God had sent us there to do. We stayed about 15 months and God worked on us. We prayed a lot and sought God's Word for His inspiration and direction.

One night I had a dream, a very vivid dream. In this dream I saw a snake, one of those things that could get my heart to racing. This snake was on something like a screen right in front of me. As it came down, it was getting closer than I could deal with. But, to the left of the screen was a beautiful red calf with a white face, just like my daddy used to raise. As the snake was almost to me the calf, somehow took the bite of the snake and fell dead laying on its left side. The snake was still there looking right at me as though I was next. Then I heard a voice that said, “NO MORE POISON, there is no more poison, the calf took it all, nothing to fear.” But that is not all that happened. I sat straight up in bed and spelled out the letters OBER. I had no idea what that had to do with anything. I was shaken! The next morning Bill got on the computer and typed in the word and this is what he found... http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexico…/greek/…/phoberos.html http://biblehub.com/greek/5398.htm

This word was found three times in the NT. Hebrews 10:27, “ But a certain (fearful) looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” Hebrews 10:31, “It is a (fearful) thing to fall into the hands of the living God.” In these 2 verses the word fearful meant ph(ober)os. The last one is in Hebrews 12:21, “And so (terrible) was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake.” (Terrible) is also the same word. So, our conclusion from the dream and the word OBER is this. The only FEAR we should dread, the fear that will come upon those who are NOT right with God, Guilty fear. This is what Adam and Eve experienced in the garden after they sinned. They were GUILTY of disobeying God. They passed this on to us but thru the sacrifice of Jesus (in the dream, the calf) dying for us we are NO LONGER GUILTY. SO those who have NOT accepted the fact that Jesus died for them will be overcome by this FEAR (Ober). There is a JUDGMENT about to come upon the world but you do not have to fear it if you accept the sacrifice of Jesus death for your sins. PRAISE GOD...We don't have to be among the adversaries, we can be among the REDEEMED. I hope this inspires you to share what God is sharing with you. People need to hear the Voice of God! Listen closely, He just might be speaking to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment