Monday, August 10, 2020

What Drives You? by Myra Boozer

Have you ever asked yourself, “what causes me to do the things I do and say the things I say?” Do you feel it has to do with the place you were born and raised? Did your neighborhood have a great influence on your behavior and your outlook on life? Does it come from the way your parents nurtured you...or failed to nurture you? Were you greatly impacted by the things you learned from them and your relatives? Or, maybe your greater influence came from your education, the things you learned from teachers or professors.

I believe all these relationships affect our lives in either a positive or a negative way. I feel the people in our lives have such an impact on the way we desire to pursue life and become the person we have become.

I attribute my standard of conduct and my choices for living come from my own personal encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ! The Holy Spirit drew me to my knees in repentance for the sin that was passed down to me from Adam and Eve. I was greatly convicted of my sin. I became aware I was a sinner and I needed a savior. It came from a praying Mother who taught me about Jesus from as far back as I can remember. It came from Sunday School, Vacation Bible school and from Church Camp. The preaching and teaching of the Word has had such an impact on my life. For that, I will be forever grateful. 

Something drives us all to believe the things that we believe and say the things we say. Wherever we got our belief system, we must search the scripture to see what God's Holy Word has to say about the matter because that's what counts. It is the Word that has stood the test of time and it will stand for all eternity. Each one of us will be judged by the Word. Not my ideas, not my thoughts, not my opinion or the opinion of any other person but God will judge us by His Holy Word. Jesus himself spoke these words in the book of John 12:48 "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." What Drives You?

No comments:

Post a Comment