Friday, October 13, 2017

Jesus Is Our Hiding Place! by Myra Boozer

What are you looking for today? What are you seeking after? Many are looking for answers to some difficult questions. I think more than ever we want to feel safe and secure in these perilous times. We want to have peace of mind when we go to work or into the market places...when we send the children to school and when we lay down at night. These are the thoughts that troubled many people. We can find what we need in Jesus! When we call, He will answer us bringing what we need when we need it.

In Matthew 7:7-8 Jesus proclaims, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For EVERY ONE that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”

David said in Psalm 27:4, "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple." David wasn't talking about staying in the temple everyday but he was talking about dwelling in His presence...all his days. In verse 5 of Psalm 27 he states, "For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall he hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock." David was very confident that God was his pavilion or covering and also his sure foundation. David felt safe in the love of God. We can also but we need to know how to seek Him.

Psalm 27:8, "When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek." So many times we seek His hand, which is his provision. But He told David, “seek my face”...my person...who I AM. When we truly seek Him, we live in His house, pavilion, tabernacle, His presence. When we dwell there we are set upon a rock...a firm foundation. The very best thing we can seek is the face of the Lord...Oh to know Him...to really know Him...to cherish him like we cherish nothing else, in a very personal way.

When you love someone you want to share life with them. You don't just visit them on Sunday. They become the center of your everyday life. The Lord doesn't want us out on the porch. He wants us to come into His pavilion and dwell with Him. There we will find the answers to our questions and peace for our mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment