Thursday, November 28, 2019

Be Strong In The Lord, In The Power Of His Might! by Myra Boozer

It is just so amazing to me what I have on my mind when I awake most mornings. Some thoughts stay with me all day long. Saturday morning I was thinking of Corrie Ten Boom and what a spiritual hero she is to me. I thought of her sufferings and her great faith. I thought how strong she was and could I ever be that strong in the face of severe persecution (which we may face in the near future, as Christians).

As I went to the kitchen, Bill was asking if I wanted to get out of the house and go to "Yard Sales." This used to be a big part of my life. Not so much anymore. I have more than enough stuff already. Well, we went and very quickly I found a book that I had to have. The only one that interested me. It is Life Lessons from Corrie Ten Boom. The Lord set me up for that one.

As I was reading from the "Exclusive 3-in-1 Edition," of course being of my nature, I did not start at the front of the book. I opened it about three-fourths of the way into it. Excerpts from the book, “It was a week after Betsie had died in Ravensbruck that I took my place in the ranks of women prisoners standing together in the icy cold of the early morning. ‘66730!’ That is my number, I said weakly as we took our place for roll call. ‘Ten Boom, Cornelia.’ That is my name. I thought how strange that they would call me by name when they always addressed us by number! ‘Come forward.’ We were falling in line for the roll call. Ten in a line, every hundredth woman, one step forward. My friends looked at me sadly. What does it mean? I asked inwardly. Punishment...freedom...the gas chamber...sent to another concentration camp?”

The rest is in my words. A young German girl shouted number 66730. Corrie stepped forward and was told where to stand. She was sent to the far right, away from the crowd where now she could feel the bitterly cold wind whipping through her ragged prison dress. Another girl, young and frightened was sent to stand beside her. Roll call took 3 hours and they were almost frozen. Corrie asked through chattering teeth, "Why must I stand here?" The girl’s answer was barely audible as it came from her blue lips. "Death sentence."

Corrie turned to the Lord, "Perhaps I'll see You soon face to face like Betsie does now Lord. Let it not be too cruel a killing. Not gas Lord, nor hanging. I prefer shooting. It is so quick. You see something, you hear something and it is finished." Then as she looked at the girl, Corrie said, "Lord, this is perhaps the last chance I will have to bring someone to you before I arrive in heaven. Use me Lord. Give me all the love and wisdom I need. 

She then asked the girl her name. She said Tiny, and she had been there for 2 years. Corrie asked her, “did you ever read the Bible?” Her answer was no, she did not. Corrie asked, "do you believe God exists?” She said she did and wished she knew more about him and asked Corrie if she knew Him? Corrie began to tell her. "Jesus is always with us" and about the miracle he did in taking all her hatred and bitterness for her enemies. Jesus is willing to bring into our hearts God's love through His Holy Spirit. Corrie said it was a miracle that she had a chance to explain many things about Jesus. "The prisoners behind us listened too. I felt happy. Perhaps this was my last chance in life, but what joy!" She accepted Jesus and Corrie told her, you now have a friend who never leaves you alone. (continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment